We Find the Jobs
By using our extensive network of industry contacts and the latest information technology, we are able to identify upcoming work. Our Cooperation Trust Tracking System (CTTS), is the most comprehensive program of its kind in the industry, for the early identification of construction projects. Through our on-line databases, we:
- Track over 25,000 active projects, in all sectors of the market, including: commercial building; heavy and highway; tunneling; environmental cleanup; and public housing rehabilitation.
- Supply important information on thousands of construction contractors, including general contractors, subcontractors, and construction managers, as well as minority, disadvantaged and woman-owned business enterprises.
- Issue “Project Alerts” to signatory contractors containing information on projects coming up for bid in their respective locales.
- Provide detailed information on each construction project identified, including: bid dates; dollar value; type of work; funding source(s); and bid specifications(such as set aside requirements)
We Help to Create the Jobs
To win the war to increase market share and competitiveness, it is important to focus on every battle from the policy front to the communications arena, from market research to project identification,
- Marketing the demonstratable workmanship, long-term value, and productivity between conscientious union employers and their non-union counterparts.
- Financing contractors and skilled union labor projects through union pension monies. By investing members’ pension monies in real estate investment trusts and similar vehicles, LIUNA directly finances new construction and renovation.
- Accessing Market Recovery Funds. LIUNA has created a job-targeting fund to lower bid costs when bidding against non-union competition.
- Expanding Best Value Contracting and Responsible Contracting Provisions. The Trust encourages owners to reward those contractors who invest in training and apprenticeship, who care about safety, and who perform quality work at cost and on schedule, without costly overruns.
We Make the Jobs Better
We match our contractors with the best-skilled labor available to provide owners with top quality, cost-effective workmanship. As one of the largest and most progressive unions in North America, the Laborers can complete the most formidable projects.